New Year's Day is on the weekend, but some public services will take Monday off in observance. Here's the rundown:
- Garbage Pickup (both Cleanscapes and Allied Waste): Normal schedule next week.
- United States Postal Service: The Post Office is closed Monday, Jan. 2. No mail delivery that day.
- All King County libraries are open normal hours on Dec. 31, but closed on New Year's Day. They reopen for regular hours on Jan. 2.
- and will be closed Monday, Jan. 2.
- will be closed on Dec. 31, New Year's Day and Jan. 2. It will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 3.
- is closed on New Year's Day and open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Dec. 31. It's open regular hours on Jan. 2. This is a correction from earlier.
- and are open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on New Year's Day. The book store is having a 20 percent off sale.
- Liquor stores: All state liquor stores are open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Dec. 31 and closed on New Year's Day. On Monday, Jan. 2, the Ballinger Village store and in Shoreline will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., but the Aurora Ave. N. store near JoAnn Fabric will be closed.
- The is closed through Jan. 3. Classes resume Wednesday Jan. 4.