Pho Ha Vietnamese Restaurant at 15215 Aurora Ave. N. in Shoreline was closed by a Public Health food inspector on Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:35 a.m. for the following food safety violations:
- Improper cooling of potentially hazardous food
- Equipment/utensils not properly sanitized
- Failure to correct repeated violations
The establishment will be reopened once all issues have been resolved, according to King County Public Health.
Update, 10:45 a.m.
The restaurant has a history of “unsatisfactory” ratings dating back to 2008, according to King County inspection records.
Improper cooling procedures and improper cold holding temperatures were the main “red critical” violations each time.
According to the county, red violations have “the highest risk of causing food borne disease. One red critical violation equals an unsatisfactory inspection. Environmental Health Specialists work with operators to make sure that red critical violations are corrected before they leave the establishment.”
“Blue” violations are related to the maintenance of the establishment and cleanliness.
- 35 or more red critical violation points require a reinspection within 14 days.
- 90 or more red critical violation points require the establishment be closed.
- 120 or more total (red & blue) points also requires the establishment be closed.
The restaurant’s points in inspections ranged from 25 red points in 2008 to 65 points (50 red, 15 blue) in September 2011. The score was not immediately available related to Tuesday's closure.