The city of Shoreline's Recycle Fest, free to Shoreline residents, will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Sears Back Parking Lot 15700 Aurora Ave N.
Everyone is asked to bring an event flyer or show proof of residency.
Please see the event flyer, which arrived approximately two weeks in advance of the event, for more details, or see below.
At Recycle Fest, you can recycle many items that aren't accepted in your recycle bin. A full list of items accepted will be mailed out to all residents closer to the event date. No garbage or yard waste accepted.
Note that only pick-up trucks or smaller vehicles will be allowed to enter. Check the event flyer coming in the mail for acceptable items. Recycle Fest is sponsored in cooperation with the King County Solid Waste Division, the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County and the Washington State Department of Ecology.
ITEMS TO BRING:
- Concrete, asphalt and rock
- Roofing shingles: asphalt and wood shingles in new or old condition
- Carpet, sheetrock & porcelain: In dry condition and remove all non-porcelain hardware.
- Reusable building materials: No garbage. RE Store staff have the right to reufse items based on condition and marketability. Only clean lumber, shelving, light fixtures, sinks, tubs, etc. for reuse.
- Scrap metal: Refrigerators, freezers, AC units, lawn mowers, ovens, stoves, hot water heaters, washers, dryers and barbeques. (Remove all non-metal parts and drain all liquids.)
- Electronics: TVs, computers, monitors and laptops, phones, computer mice, keyboards, printers, adapters, etc.
- Plate glass: Window glass with or without frames.
- Bicycles: All types, conditions and parts.
- Motor oil, antifreeze and filters: Do not mix fluids. No gasoline.
- Styrofoam blocks and packing peanuts
- Curbside commingled recycling: Paper: news, mixed, cardboard; cans: aluminum, tin; glass: bottles, jars; and plastic: bottles, tubs, jugs.
DO NOT BRING:
- Yard waste
- Doors, cabinets and wall paneling
- Tiling & linoleum
- Hazardous materials, such as fluorescent bulbs and tubes, propane tanks, household chemicals, paint, cleaning products, pesticides, herbicides, solvents and thinners; commercial waste
- Hot tubs
- Items infested by bees, hornets or wasps
For more information about the Recycle Fest Event, call (206) 801-2455.
Source: City of Shoreline.