The Seattle City Council and King County Council will hear public testimony on Thursday, July 19, at Seattle City Hall, regarding the proposal for a new multi-purpose arena in SODO.
Members of the public are invited to attend and give in-person testimony to City and County Councilmembers, the legislative bodies who must both adopt the memorandum for the project to move forward:
Sign-up for the hearing begins at 5 p.m. and the hearing starts at 5:30 p.m. at Bertha Knight Landes Room, Seattle City Hall, 600 Fourth Ave, First Floor, Seattle 9810.
In anticipation of large crowds, the Councilmembers issued the following reminders to individuals coming to speak.
- Sign up forms will be available at 5 p.m. Speakers will be heard on a first come, first served basis.
- Individuals can only sign up one person for public testimony; they cannot hold space in line for others or sign up multiple speakers.
- ·Time allotted for individual speakers will depend on the number of those signed up. Given expected attendance, speakers should be prepared for one minute for spoken testimony. Both Councils accept written comments at any time and comment forms will be available at the meeting.
- While signs are allowed, signs with sticks are considered weapons and are not allowed in City Hall.
- This public hearing will be broadcast live on Seattle Channel 21 and webcast atwww.seattle.gov/councillive.
View the joint meeting agenda here.