.

UPDATE: Shoreline Firefighters Put Out Fire at Richmond Highlands Apartment

Young man in apartment escapes with help of neighbor and is being held in the hospital for observation after inhaling some smoke

Editor's Note: See updated information below:

Shoreline firefighters quickly controlled an apartment fire tonight, Friday, Nov. 9, in the 900 block of N 177th St. in the city's Richmond Highlands neighborhood.

The fire broke out on the second floor of the unit around 5 p.m. Shoreline firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames coming from the second story windows, said Shoreline Fire spokeswoman Melanie Granfors.   Their quick work prevented the fire from spreading to adjacent units.

A young man in the apartment was able to escape with the assistance of a neighbor. He was not seriously injured but was taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation and is being held there for observation.

His mother told Patch fire investigtors told her, that a faulty charger for the phone or Nintendo left plugged in caused the fire.

 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something