The Pro Shoreline Board has invited Dan Eernissee, Economic Development Manager for the City of Shoreline to share some interesting and exciting developments in the Aurora Square area. This includes the Community Renewal Area, the Shoreline Film Office and other place making opportunities. What does CRA mean? Shoreline City Council adopted Resolution 333 on September 4, 2012, thereby creating the Aurora Square Community Renewal Area (CRA) The CRA establishes that economic renewal for the 70+ acre Aurora Square commercial area is clearly in the public interest. With the CRA in place, the Shoreline Office of Economic Development is freed to work in cooperation with the Aurora Square property owners to draft an economic renewal plan for the CRA.
- What is a Community Renewal Area (CRA)?
- Why a CRA at Aurora Square?
- What is Aurora Square's potential?
- What role might the City play?
- Does the CRA change zoning or heights of buildings?
- Will the City master plan Aurora Square?
- Will my property taxes or values increase or decrease.
What is the Shoreline Film Office? The Shoreline Film Office is a collaborative effort of the City of Shoreline's Office of Economic Development and the Performance Arts and Digital Film making program at Shoreline Community College. We are growing a local film industry, and the talent to support it, by providing affordable resources to film professionals willing to create in an educational context.
- What resources are available through the Shoreline Film Office?
- Will you be blocking any Right-of-Way (ROW) for an extended period during shooting?
- Are you requiring exclusive use of a significant part of a City-owner park or facility
- Are you conducting an extended commercial shoot in a residential area?
- Is your film going to clearly cast Shoreline in a positive light?