Starting tonight through Thursday morning, residents in Shoreline and Lake Forest Park should expect strong winds and heavy rain due to a vigorous storm system.
A low-pressure system developing off the Pacific Northwest Coast today will track into northern Vancouver Island early Wednesday morning. Breezy to windy conditions are expected ahead of the front tonight through Wednesday morning. Southerly winds of 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph are possible along the coast.
Winds will remain gusty Wednesday evening then slowly ease into Thursday morning.
The front will bring rain, heavy at times, to the lowlands of Western Washington. Coastal areas could receive more than 2 inches of rain while many interior locations could get 1 to 2 inches.
Here is the Shoreline and Lake Forest Park forecast for this week:
- Tuesday afternoon: A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 49. East wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday night: Rain. Low around 41. East southeast wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Wednesday: Showers. High near 48. Breezy, with a southwest wind 18 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Wednesday Night: Rain showers likely before 11pm, then rain and snow showers likely. Snow level 1700 feet lowering to 700 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. West southwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light southwest in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday: A 40 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 45. South southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Friday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Friday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.