The Mega Millions jackpot is now at $640 million with a lump sum value of $462 million! This Mega Millions jackpot has broken its own record three times this week making it the largest jackpot in world history.
Officials initially set the estimate at $476 million after Tuesday night’s drawing, then the jackpot rose to $500 million on Wednesday, $540 million on Thursday, before settling on $640 millioin today.
“This is pure Mega Millions mania!” exclaimed Washington’s Lottery Director, Bill Hanson. “Our retailers have seen lines out the door all week, and with today’s jackpot growth we’re thinking they’ll be busy all day. Don’t miss your chance of winning this fortune!”
If you haven’t bought your ticket yet, you have until 7:45 p.m. tonight to buy them. Washington’s Lottery is asking everyone, what would you do if you won? Below are a few examples of what Washingtonians could do with the lump sum cash payout of $462 million, but be sure to share what you would do with @Washington’s Lottery on Twitter using the hashtag #IfIWon!
- · Give the 6,830,038 Washington residents $67 each
- · Give full-ride four year scholarships to 5,239 students at Washington State University or University of Washington
- · Take 6,695,652 people on a whale watching trip around the Puget Sound
- · Buy Mariners season tickets for 450,731 fans
Also, if someone in Washington wins the top tier or second tier Mega Millions jackpots, the retailer who sold the winning ticket will also win! That retailer will receive a:
- · $50,000 retail selling bonus for selling a top tier Mega Millions jackpot ticket
- · $10,000 retail selling bonus for selling a second tier jackpot with Megaplier (prize of $1 million)
- · $2,500 retail selling bonus for selling a second tier jackpot (prize of $250,000)
The next Mega Millions drawing will be held tonight at 8:00 p.m. For more information on Mega Millions and other Washington’s Lottery winners, please visit www.walottery.com.